The Public Diplomacy Section of the U.S. Embassy in Brunei Darussalam is pleased to announce a funding opportunity through its Small Grants Program. The U.S. Embassy invites proposals for programs that further U.S. Government foreign policy objectives and promote bilateral cooperation and mutual understanding between the United States and Brunei. All programs must include a substantive American element, such as connections with American experts, organizations, or materials in a specific field that will result in increased understanding of U.S. policies and perspectives.
Applications are accepted for small grants of up to a maximum of US$20,000. Grants are to be implemented in Brunei Darussalam over an implementation period of one year. Proposals are evaluated at intervals throughout the calendar year, and the next submission deadline is May 15, 2023.
U.S. Embassy Brunei Small Grants fund programs focused on the following themes:
- Entrepreneurship / Innovation / Digital Economy –Supporting entrepreneurship, innovation, and increased economic opportunities
- Climate Change and the Environment –Advancing efforts to mitigate and adapt to climate change and promote environmental preservation
- Culture and Arts – Supporting culture with a direct connection to the United States, including visual and performing arts
- Civil Society Development – Strengthening civil society organizations to better represent societal concerns
- Diversity and Inclusion – Supporting diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in society
- Civic Education – Promoting the U.S. higher education system
The applicant organization should have a demonstrated ability to manage and implement donor-funded projects with adequately functional management systems.
Applications are accepted for small grants of up to a maximum of US$20,000 until May 15, 2023.
For more details visit https://bn.usembassy.gov/education-culture/small-grants-program/